3rd ANNUAL IPR SUMMIT 2020
In today's intellectual era, India has shown a considerable growth in its research and development. The presence of well-established state of the art labs of Indian as well as multinational companies in the country has clearly proved the Indian IP status in the world. The rise in Indian economy is a clear impact of Intellectual Property influence in the country. In the modern-day environment of digitalisation and global knowledge sharing, the need for protection of intangible assets is higher than ever before. IPR provides a secure environment for investors, scientists, artists, designers, traders etc. to foster innovation and scientific temper. This innovation often has potential to yield astronomical returns and rewards to creators and users.
For many businesses, intellectual property protects more than just an idea or a concept - it protects genuine business assets that may be integral to the core services of the business and overall long-term viability. Companies of all sizes are at risk of having their unique ideas, products or services infringed upon, even if they are on the other side of the world, making intellectual property protection more important than ever. The legal structure for IPR does reflect the underlying policy orientation and national priorities, which have evolved over time, considering the development needs and international commitments. Intellectual property protection is critical to fostering innovation.
The continuous efforts of the government in policy establishment, IT protection, infrastructure, IPR search portals and manpower made this Industry a step ahead.
The 3rd Annual IPR Summit 2020 will delve on the aspects of providing meaningful and valuable insights from IP leaders by offering a mix of thought provoking and practical sessions while covering a wide range of topics along with a unique industry networking platform.
Deputy Controller of Patents & Designs
Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India
Associate General Counsel
Dr. Amol Mahulkar
Senior IP & Intelligence Analyst
Airbus India Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Aniruddha Malpani
Director & Founder
Global Head – IP, Vice President
Sulphur Mills Ltd.
Head IPM & Patent Counsel
Unichem Laboratories Ltd.
Director & GC- Indian Subcontinent
Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Healthcare Ltd.
Senior IP Counsel
Intellectual Property Lead (Principal Eng /Director, IP), IP Strategy and Innovation
Qualcomm India Pvt Ltd.
Junglee Pictures Ltd.
Associate General Counsel
Tata Chemicals Ltd.
GM & Head IPR
Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
Assistant Vice President – Global Intellectual Property & Corporate Affairs
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Assistant General Manager – Legal & Compliance
Valvoline Cummins Pvt. Ltd.
Leader, Patents & Analytics Center of Excellence
GE Global Research, General Electric Company
Director - Legal, Secretarial & Corporate Affairs
Colgate Palmolive (India) Ltd.
Head – Intellectual Property
Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
Senior Vice President & General Counsel
National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
Lead- Patent Drafting Services IP&E – IP Filing and Response Services
Tata Consultancy Services
Senior IP Counsel
Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
SVP & General Counsel
UFO Moviez Ltd.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Insights on the key government initiatives to promote innovation with an agile patent regime
- Monetising IP assets and making them work for your business
- Protecting your brand globally against counterfeits with IPR
- Global enforcement of IP in the digital age- can we ever catch up
- Protecting the creative community with copyrights in media and entertainment industry
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Get insights on India's strategy on IPR and how India is driving it
- Understand how intellectual property aligns with R&D and business strategy
- Map out the latest emerging strategies to manage the portfolio of IP assets, IP cost control and achieve highest possible ROI
- Gain in-depth guidance on commercialization of intellectual property
- Discuss the latest technology and innovation in the field of IPR and legal strategy to protect IP in artificial intelligence
- Learn the importance of IP for international trade and global management of IPR
- Understand how to manage the Digital IP
- Get the expertise on protecting & enforcing IPR while also claiming infringement and damages
- Connecting with the industry experts from different sectors and learn about their experiences
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
Functional heads of:
- IPR & Brand Protection
- Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights
- Legal & Regulatory Affairs
- In-House Counsel
- IP Portfolio Management
- Anti - Piracy
From following industries:
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
- Manufacturing - Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Media and Entertainment
- Online Platforms & E-commerce
- Any other industry affected by IP issues
- Food & Beverages
- Information Technology
This summit will enable participants to effectively
- Learn about different patents, their relevance in knowledge-based industries
- Analyze, evaluate patents and draft an effective patent strategy
- Monetize patents and explore the commercial aspect
- Learn about IPR infringement & claiming damages in different scenarios
- Protect IPRs including the digital IPR
- Understand how to manage the digital IPRs
- Learn about Digital Content Management
- Manage IPRs based on AI