2nd ANNUAL IPR SUMMIT 2019
In today's intellectual era, India has shown a considerable growth in its research and development. The presence of well-established state of the art labs of Indian as well as multinational companies in the country has clearly proved the Indian IP status in the world. The rise in Indian economy is a clear impact of Intellectual Property influence in the country. In the modern-day environment of digitalisation and global knowledge sharing, the need for protection of intangible assets is higher than ever before. IPR provides a secure environment for investors, scientists, artists, designers, traders etc. to foster innovation and scientific temper. This innovation often has potential to yield astronomical returns and rewards to creators and users.
For many businesses, intellectual property protects more than just an idea or a concept â€“ it protects genuine business assets that may be integral to the core services of the business and overall long-term viability. Companies of all sizes are at risk of having their unique ideas, products or services infringed upon, even if they are on the other side of the world, making intellectual property protection more important than ever. The legal structure for IPR does reflect the underlying policy orientation and national priorities, which have evolved over time, considering the development needs and international commitments. Intellectual property protection is critical to fostering innovation.
The continuous efforts of the government in policy establishment, IT protection, infrastructure, IPR search portals and manpower made this Industry a step ahead.
The 2ndAnnual IPR Summit 2019 will delve on the aspects of providing meaningful and valuable insights from IP leaders by offering a mix of thought provoking and practical sessions while covering a wide range of topics along with a unique industry networking platform.
Group General Counsel
Eros International Plc & Eros Now
Chief Legal Officer – India & APAC
General Counsel, Compliance Officer & CS - India & South Asia
Schindler India Pvt. Ltd.
Ayan Roy Chowdhury
Sony Pictures Entertainment India
Vice President Portfolio Planning and IP litigation
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Senior EVP & General Counsel
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
Patent Quality Lead
Diwakar Singh Pundir
Head Legal – IP
Intellectual Property Head - Patents & Designs
Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
Dr. Hemang Shah
Intellectual Property Leader| Innovation & Strategy
Qualcomm India Pvt. Ltd.
IP&E Market Connect Corporate IPR Group
Tata Consultancy Services
Jyothi V. K.
General Counsel & Vice President
Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail Ltd.
Kaizad Adi Hazari
President & Global Head - Legal & Corp. Affairs
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited
Jt. President & Head - Legal
Lafarge Holcim (Ambuja Cements)
Regional IP Counsel – R1 Global Intellectual Property Services
John Deere India
General Counsel India
The Kraft Heinz Company
EVP & General Counsel
The Indian Hotels Company Ltd.
Dr. Sheetal Chopra
India Lead – IPR Advocacy
Ericsson India Ltd.
Jt. General Manager and Head Counsel, Corporate Legal
Essar Power Ltd.
Head of Legal – Digital and International Business
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd.
Leader – Global Patent Operations, India
General Electric Company
Associate General Counsel
Tata Chemicals Ltd.
Global Head - Intellectual Property Management
Senior Director Legal
Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Ltd.
SVP & General Counsel
UFO Moviez India Ltd.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- A sneak preview into India's IPR strategy & Make in India initiative
- IPR in AI - Exploring the new frontiers
- Patent Infringement and damages claim
- A Comprehensive Trademark Strategy - Valuation, Monetisation and Protection
- Innovation, IP and Start-ups transforming the Indian economy
- Trademark and Design patent management on web domains, social media, app stores, e-commerce
- Effect of changing IPR on the pharma sector
- Deep dive into IPR in the software sector
- Rethinking copyrights in the digital economy - IPR in the creative industry
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Get insights on India's strategy on IPR and how India is driving it
- Understand how intellectual property aligns with R&D and business strategy
- Map out the latest emerging strategies to manage the portfolio of IP assets, IP cost control and achieve highest possible ROI
- Gain in-depth guidance on commercialization of intellectual property
- Discuss the latest technology and innovation in the field of IPR and legal strategy to protect IP in artificial intelligence
- Learn the importance of IP for international trade and global management of IPR
- Understand how to manage the Digital IP
- Get the expertise on protecting & enforcing IPR while also claiming infringement and damages
- Connecting with the industry experts from different sectors and learn about their experiences
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
Functional heads of:
- IPR & Brand Protection
- Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights
- Anti - Piracy
- Legal & Regulatory Affairs
- In-House Counsel
- IP Portfolio management
From following industries:
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
- Food & Beverages
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing - Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Media and Entertainment
- Online Platforms & E-commerce
- Any other industry affected by IP issues
2nd ANNUAL IPR SUMMIT 2019 will enable participants to effectively:
- Learn about different patents, their relevance in knowledge-based industries
- Analyze, evaluate patents and draft an effective patent strategy
- Monetize patents and explore the commercial aspect
- Learn about IPR infringement & claiming damages in different scenarios
- Protect IPRs including the digital IPR
- Understand how to manage the digital IPRs
- Learn about Digital Content Management
- Manage IPRs based on AI